Maximize student Financial assistance available to students and families
- Administer more than 3,200 state/federal grants representing more than $ 2.4M annually for students attending Arizona public and private universities.
Administer the Arizona Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (AzLEAP) and the Arizona Teacher Student Loan Program (ATSLP) student financial aid programs.
Operate the secure AZ Grants State Student Financial Aid web portal providing access to state student aid grants, scholarships, and forgivable loan programs. Additionally used in the preparation and dissemination of FAFSA Completion reports.
- Manage student loan repayments for the PEG, PFAP and MSSE forgivable loan programs
Provide a forum where all sectors of postsecondary education come together
- Identify common problems and opportunities that cross sectors of postsecondary education through a Commission comprised of senior executives from private and public education
- Provide collaboration/partnership opportunities, such as the Developing Arizona’s Human Capital conference where educators, policy makers, and business leaders come together to focus on higher education issues
- Sponsor the AMEPAC research center producing policy studies such as To Learn and Earn
- Participation of Executive Director in Achieve60AZ, Thriving Together, Expect More Arizona Statewide Task Force, and ACT Statewide Council.
Help student and families plan, enter, and succeed in postsecondary education
- Host websites receiving over 240,000 visits annually that provide current and relevant information on college-going and financial assistance
Coordinate the statewide College and Career Goal Arizona initiative inclusive of the College Application Campaign (AzCAC) where high schools pledge to support 100% of all seniors in completing AT LEAST one postsecondary education application. The November 2018 effort had more than 90 participating high schools and over 30,000 students
Lead Arizona’s new FAFSA Completion Initiative comprising the annual statewide College Goal FAF$A and FAFSA Finish Line reports. Over the past 22 years the Commission has assisted more than 65,000 students and parents complete the FAFSA
Raise $90,000-$250,000 annually in donations, sales, and grants to fund programs and publications, such as the AZ College and Career Guide and College and Career Goal Arizona